CPP with MQX example and enabling CPP macro in general

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPP with MQX example and enabling CPP macro in general

dry
Senior Contributor I

The MQX's cplus example uses macro BSPCFG_ENABLE_CPP as a compile check for CPP support, but what is it used for by MQX sources, if at all?

I looked (grep'ed) through the MQX sources, and I can't see BSPCFG_ENABLE_CPP or MQX_ENABLE_CPP used by anything for anything.

Does it do anything for the code?

(Also found this thread: https://community.nxp.com/message/349610?q=cpp ; it seems C++ support hasn't moved on it since 2013?)

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi D.RY

I did a quick search on the BSPCFG_ENABLE_CPP through MQX 4.2 sources, and I can hit lots of matches. I would suggest you update to the latest MQX version and try it again.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day!

Best Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

dry
Senior Contributor I

Hello Daniel,

I looked at the output of your screenshot, and tried to look for some of those directories.

And, for example, mine installation of MQX 4.2 does not even have mqx/source/bsp/twrmcf52259 (second line on your screenshot), and similarly for next one I checked.

I'm curious which installation of 4.2 MQX you used. Once difference I see it seems a Windows install.

But must be something else, could be we have totally different install files?

I believe I used these - Linux base & applied the patches

Expand All / Collapse AllInstaller: MQX RTOS 4.2.0 Linux Base106.3 MBMQX RTOS 4.2.0 Linux Base.gz
Expand All / Collapse AllSoftware Patch: MQX 4.2.0.1 Software Patch682.7 KBMQX 4.2.0.1 Software Patch.zip
Expand All / Collapse AllSoftware patch: MQX 4.2.0.2 Patch1.5 MBMQX 4.2.0.2 Patch.zip
0 Kudos

dry
Senior Contributor I

Hmmm, I believe I have MQX 4.2.0 , patched with 4.2.0.1 and 4.2.0.2 patches.

When I search for BSCFG_ENABLE_CPP i only get hits on headers, where its defined, but no useful payload with it like I see you have in your screenshot.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos