cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MKW01Z128] Low Power Module

Jump to solution
giancarlozanuz
Contributor III

Hi, I've encountered a few problems with the LowPower module from the connectivity software:

1)

I'm using the following code to enter in deep sleep:

PWRLib_WakeupReason_t wakeupReason;
if(PWR_CheckIfDeviceCanGoToSleep())
{
    PWR_SetDeepSleepTimeInMs(10000);
    wakeupReason = PWR_EnterLowPower();
}

But after wakeup it seems that the clock is not properly adjusted anymore. When I call the function:

OSA_EXT_TimeDelay(10);

It takes a lot longer to exit.

2)

I'm using a 32khz external xtal, but I can't configure it in PWR_Configuration.h. When i put:

#define cPWR_LPTMRClockSource                   cLPTMR_Source_Ext_ERCLK32K

It appears in compilation:

"*** ERROR: cPWR_LPTMRClockSource has to be set to cLPTMR_Source_Int_LPO_1KHz"

Why I can't change the clock source?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Giancarlo,

The KW01 Connectivity Stack only supports two different low power modes with LPO configuration, that is the reason that you are having this errror, you can see this modes in the PWR_Configuration.h.

You can change the clock source, but you have to create your own mode, you can take as a reference the next document. Creating a VLLS1 Deep Sleep Mode with LPTMR 

Also, you can take a look for the next doc CONNFWKRM, the Low Power Library shows different modes that you can implement. C:\Freescale\KW01_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0\ConnSw\doc

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Giancarlo,

The KW01 Connectivity Stack only supports two different low power modes with LPO configuration, that is the reason that you are having this errror, you can see this modes in the PWR_Configuration.h.

You can change the clock source, but you have to create your own mode, you can take as a reference the next document. Creating a VLLS1 Deep Sleep Mode with LPTMR 

Also, you can take a look for the next doc CONNFWKRM, the Low Power Library shows different modes that you can implement. C:\Freescale\KW01_Connectivity_Software_1.0.0\ConnSw\doc

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario