cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54102 crashes on board init

omers
Contributor I

Hi,

I started a few days ago with an LCPXpresso54102 board and the LCPXpresso IDE. Everything went great, blinky was working and I put the board back in my drawer.

Today, the board was not blinking. Uploading firmware failed unless I used the ISP button.

After a lot of debugging I discovered that the MCU fails during board init (see attachments). I can run simple C code that does not init the board (blank c project) but an empty project that inits the board fails.

I tried deleting my workspace and starting with fresh examples, I even tried using another PC. the init keeps crashing inside Chip_Clock_SetMain_B_ClockSource

I think something is wrong with the hardware, perhaps the dreaded static damage?

The attachments show debugging stepping before the crash and the crash itself

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

okcn
Contributor III

Maybe TRY change

#define BOARD_MAINCLOCKRATE     (100000000)   //100Mhz

to

#define BOARD_MAINCLOCKRATE     (96000000)   //

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So what version of LPCXpresso IDE are you using with your LPCXpresso54102 board, and on what host OS? Can you provide your debug log please, as per: TThe Debug Log  ?

Can you also confirm whether the IDE is softloading debug probe firmware into the board, or if your board has pre-programmed firmware in its debug probe? I believe that some of these boards were shipped with older probe firmware preprogrammed, and it is possible this might cause problems - in particular because it may not support ISP Reset over debug

The simplest way to ensure that the IDE is softloading is to ensure that there is a jumper fitted to the DFULink header (next to the debug probe USB port). For more info see:
Booting LPC-Link2 
LPC-Link2 Debug Probe firmware programming 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

omers
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am using LPCXpresso v8.2.2 [Build 650] [2016-09-09] on both windows 7 64bit and windows 10 64bit.

The board is preloaded with firmware in its debug probe. I tried soft loading it through the IDE and through command line and got the same results. It also supports ISP reset over debug because without it I couldn't load applications to the board when it crashes.

I am attaching a debug log where I manually loaded the probe firmware and started a debug on a clean build of blinky

Jumper configuration is:

J1 - open

J2 - 1-2 (Loc)

J7 - 2-3 (3.3v)

0 Kudos

omers
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there anything else I can try or all hope was lost with this board?

0 Kudos