MMA9551 upgrade firmware failed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA9551 upgrade firmware failed.

lesliemao
Contributor I

On my board, there is no firmware for mma9551. Based on that, I use command interpreter to download a new version to mma9551. After entering unprotect flash mode, mass erase the flash and then write flash with new version. However, the upgrading process is failed. The write flash response error code is 0xD0. Reading the reference manual, found that no rights to access the flash. However, it seems very strange that the writing flash failed is not happened at start. After some pages write successfully, the upgrade process failed due to no right to access one specific page. Does somebody have any idea?

More strange is that when upgrade the new firmware version on a board with mma9551 equipped with firmware. It is successful with no errors.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Leslie,

I'm surprised your MMA9551L board was not already flashed with appropriate FW, can you tell us more about it: is this board coming from the official demokit KITMMA9551LEVM, or populated with a device from tape and reel ? What is the complete marking on the device package ?

Be aware that the MMA955xL devices are loaded with their respective default FW as well as some calibration parameters in our production line, moreover the corresponding flash segments are protected. 

Consequently, it is not recommend that customer handles the loading of NXP proprietary FW .

If your device was not functional upfront, we can replace it and investigate why it was not properly loaded with its default FW

Regards,   Jacques.

0 Kudos