Where can I find mcimx6qp-sdb documentation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find mcimx6qp-sdb documentation?

scottvanderweid
Contributor II

I just received a mcimx6qp-sdb board and I am looking for documentation. All I can find particular to this board is the quick start guide, which is extremely sparse.

Specific information I would like to know:

• What do each of the switches for SW6 do? What other boot modes can be set with this switch?
  • Why doesn't the serial console come up when I try to boot from an SD card other than the one that ships with the reference board? (I've tried booting to  images that work for an Boundary Devices Sabrelite board, but nothing ever shows up on the console or the attached display).

But, any documentation would be helpful and appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

timlapsley
Contributor I

Thanks Ross
We found the issue with the: 'Error reading cluster' from another post here -It appears there is/was some kind of SD card compatibility issue.

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Great, glad you got it fixed and thanks for letting me know.

Ross

0 Kudos

timlapsley
Contributor I

Thanks Ross- I believe the link you provide contains only the binaries. Anyhow I discovered that I was building from the wrong branch (dizzy) when it appears QP needs krogoth (based on L4.1.15 docs posted by Igor) which was why the machine=imx6qpsabresd didn't exist. Now however after building it seems I get an 'Error reading cluster' problem in the uboot any hints about how to debug this would be appreciated.

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6QP rev1.0 at 792 MHz
CPU:   Temperature 21 C
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX6-SabreSD
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB
PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

No panel detected: default to Hannstar-XGA
Display: Hannstar-XGA (1024x768)
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
Net:   FEC [PRIME]
Normal Boot
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading zImage
Error reading cluster
** Unable to read file zImage **

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim,

I'm more a hardware guy than software, you should have been able to get to the source from the link I think.

Anyway this might help you -

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328584 

Within that is a link to Yocto training, after that try searching the community for yocto build, I got a bunch of stuff, not sure whether helpful or not, but worth looking over.

If none of this helps I suggest starting a new thread with specifics on the issue you face, adding to older threads or changing the topic in the middle of the thread is maybe not the best way to get you help.

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos

timlapsley
Contributor I

Igor, In the last link you provided, there does not appear to be a Linux BSP for the QuadPlus (only Android). On the shipped SD card is a sticker: iMX6QP-SDB LINUX L3.14.53_1.1.0-110-78007 REV A 
Any help on where to get most recent BSP for QuadPlus would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim,

QuadPlus will be supported in all our BSP releases now -

L4.1.15_2.0.0_MX6QDLSOLO 

May not see Plus specifically mentioned now, but should be grouped with the original Quad/Dual parts I think.

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

for boot selection please check schematic p.21 SPF-28857

Schematics (3)

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files

for i.MX 6QuadPlus (i.MX 6DualPlus emulation) (REV 1)

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

and Linux Documentation on

Recommended Documentation (3)

L4.1.15_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS (REV L4.1.15_1.1.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

Images for Boundary Devices Sabrelite board may not work as each board has own images.

For programming please use mfg tool and appropriate vbs file for this board like

mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc-6qp.vbs :

Programmers (Flash, etc.) (13)

IMX6_L4.1.15_1.1.0_MFG_TOOL (REV L4.1.15_1.1.0)

i.MX 6QuadPlus SABRE Development Board|NXP

Software BSPs :

Board Support Packages (38)

i.MX 6QuadPlus SABRE Development Board|NXP

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos