Please help us for the best fit PMIC part number to iMX6 Ultra lite with DDR3.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help us for the best fit PMIC part number to iMX6 Ultra lite with DDR3.

Jump to solution
ramesh6663
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using i.MX6 Ultra lite processor with DDR3 memory design. I am checking the recommended PMIC part number (PF3001, PF3000). In this both parts has A7 series is exactly matched for i.MX6 Ultra lite processor powerup sequence and DDR3L memory but not matched for DDR3 (1.5V).

And i tried PMIC part number (PF3001, PF3000) to use A4 series part for DDR3 (its 1.5V by default) once powered up.But here Processor power-up sequence not matched. 

Could you please help on this? I would like to appreciate and say thanks in advance for you valuable help.

Thanks & Regards,

Rameshkumar

Labels (2)
1 Solution
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Looking at the PMIC webpages and PF3000/PF3001 datasheets, it would appear these are considered the best fit PMIC's for the 6UL, however as you have discovered the datasheets show all the pre-configured parts expect 6UL to be in use with DDR3L.

You could consider buying the default PF3000/PF3001 part and programming the OTP yourself, as part of your build and test setup, see AN5132, you have the configuration you need, only change would be to adjust the DRAM output voltage.

However I suspect you could just as easily use one of the DDR3L pre-configured parts and then adjust the DRAM SW3 output to 1.5 instead of 1.35, before you use the DRAM.

All the PMIC settings are adjustable via I2C, this should work fine as long as you don't attempt to use the DRAM before the voltage setting is within spec.

Regards

Ross

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please create request to get recommended schematic for i.MX6UL with PF3000.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct
Answer button. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Looking at the PMIC webpages and PF3000/PF3001 datasheets, it would appear these are considered the best fit PMIC's for the 6UL, however as you have discovered the datasheets show all the pre-configured parts expect 6UL to be in use with DDR3L.

You could consider buying the default PF3000/PF3001 part and programming the OTP yourself, as part of your build and test setup, see AN5132, you have the configuration you need, only change would be to adjust the DRAM output voltage.

However I suspect you could just as easily use one of the DDR3L pre-configured parts and then adjust the DRAM SW3 output to 1.5 instead of 1.35, before you use the DRAM.

All the PMIC settings are adjustable via I2C, this should work fine as long as you don't attempt to use the DRAM before the voltage setting is within spec.

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos
ramesh6663
Contributor III

Really appreciate your quick reply its helpful information for us.

I should discuss with our Software team and get back to you if we have further queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Rameshkumar

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This may also be of interest to you -

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-331899 

Regards

Ross

ramesh6663
Contributor III

Dear Ross,

Thank you so much for your help. It is really very help for us to make our design quickly and confidently.

Thanks & Regards,

Rameshkumar

0 Kudos