Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual project (one boot one application)

Jump to solution
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi Guys,

I found a great complete example of how to build a project a couple of months ago using KDS and KSDK1.3.0 I think it was that has a boot loader code project, and another project (or build of the project) with application code, but I have been unable to find it again. It had all the details about how to modify the linker files, create the two projects, where to boot the application code etc. Does anyone know where this example that someone posted has gone? Ive searched for hours.

Basically I need to boot some very basic code to do my own boot procedures (read from some memory, flash some memory, decide what and how to boot based on some flash settings outside the boot loader). It would save me a heap of time if I could get an example on how to change the linker for some special boot loader code and then boot to "application code".

Labels (1)
1 Solution
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Merging applications using Kinetis Design Studio 

After much searching i found it here, the title was not very descriptive as to what this is. If you want to have a boot loader source code and application source code in one application this is what you're after. We use this sort of arrangement to send a new image and store it in external serial flash, then the boot loader detects it and updates the application. If its all done in the right order and checked its a nice fool proof way to update field units.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Merging applications using Kinetis Design Studio 

After much searching i found it here, the title was not very descriptive as to what this is. If you want to have a boot loader source code and application source code in one application this is what you're after. We use this sort of arrangement to send a new image and store it in external serial flash, then the boot loader detects it and updates the application. If its all done in the right order and checked its a nice fool proof way to update field units.