i.MX6 DL, Yocto Krogoth and Chromium 48.0.2548 problems ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 DL, Yocto Krogoth and Chromium 48.0.2548 problems ...

flaviosuligoi
Contributor III

Hi all,

I compiled a standard Yocto "Krogoth" distro for a sabresd Dual Lite board (meta-fsl-arm), with Chromium 48.0.2548 (meta-browser).

In meta-fsl-arm there is the software to enable the GPU graphic acceleration in Chromium 48.0.2548. The distro building works fine.

But, when I try to execute Chromium, the application doesn'run with the following error:

[1148:1148:1102/214428:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(338)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
Segmentation fault

Chromium runs only if I disable the graphic acceleration using the switch: --disable-gpu

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Flavio

Labels (1)
4 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Flavio,

I see that you also posted your question on the Yocto Project mailing list. Chromium for i.MX is not right now very stable and it’s supported by the community and some Third Partu BSPs. I hope you find more feedback on the mailing list. You may also try the meta-boundary layer and ask on the Boundary Devices forums for support.

Regards,

flaviosuligoi
Contributor III

Hi Gusarambula,

now I'm going to try a new build using the new Yocto version 2.2 "morty" and the bew layer meta-freescale (instead of the old meta-fsl-arm). Otherwise I'll investigate using the meta-boundary layer.

Another questions:

1. what is the difference about the meta-fsl-arm and the meta-freescale layers?
  2. why the new Yocto version 2.2 "morty" is present in the meta-freescale layer only and not in the meta-fsl-arm?

Thanks for your help,

Flavio

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Flavio Suligoi,

There are two BSPs: the BSP Release (supported only NXP boards and static) and the Community BSP (part of the Yocto Project, supports third party boards and it’s updated by the community).

You can see what layers constitute each of the two on the following layer map:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102993

You can see that the BSP Release has the Community BSP at base and adds a couple of new layers. Additionally, each branch may have differences which is probably why the Morty version has different layers.

As of today there is no Release Documentation on Morty to see more details. But it should be addressed on the Community BSP page.

Regards,

0 Kudos

flaviosuligoi
Contributor III

Hi Gusarambula,

thanks for the pdf.

About the Chromium problem, I tried some different ways, with the two different last versions of Chromium in the layer meta-browser.

After some experiments, these are my results:

• chromium v48.xxxxxxx
    • works only with the switch
      • --ignore-gpu-blacklist
  • chromium v52.xxxxxxxx
    • I could not make it work at all
        • for example (I tried with other switches and configurations, but the results are similar):
        • imx6dl:~# export DISPLAY=:0.0
        • imx6dl:~# google-chrome --ignore-gpu-blacklist www.google.com
          [905:905:1107/214330:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(343)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
          /usr/bin/google-chrome: line 11:   880 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/chromium/chrome ${CHROME_EXTRA_ARGS} $@
        • imx6dl:~# google-chrome --disable-gpu www.google.com
          /usr/bin/google-chrome: line 11:   948 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/chromium/chrome ${CHROME_EXTRA_ARGS} $@
        • imx6dl:~#

I'm continuing to investigate about this, but if you have some new ideas ...

Best regards,

Flavio