cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL NVCC_xxx power domains

forumuser
Contributor II

Hello,

i've got two questions regarding the use of the various NVCC_xxx power domains.

1. Is each ball in a fixed power domain?

Assuming the following situation:

- NVCC_UART @ 3.3V

- NVCC_CSI @ 1.8V

- UART3_RX_DATA and UART3_TX_DATA mapped to CSI_DATA0 and CSI_DATA1 (ALT3)

Would this result in an 1.8V UART on balls E3 and E4 (14x14mm package)?

2. Can the NVCC_xxx voltage be changed on the fly?

I would like to connect a module that provides an external I/O voltage when turned on, can i use this voltage to supply NVCC_xxx?

Best reagrds,

Ralf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Raif,

It’s better to think of PADs associated to a determined power supply. If you will be using the default UART pins you may have the UART voltage independent from CSI. However, if you wish to use CSI domain PADS as output you would need to make sure that both voltages are equal or it won’t work correctly.

You can have a better look at how your configuration would work and the power domains of each pin on the i.MX Pinout Tool (downloadable from the link below).

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/processor-expert-and-embed...

As for changing NVCC supplies on the fly, while it could theoretically work (provided these are last on the Power On Sequence) as long as you maintain the voltage within the valid threshold while switching I would strongly recommend against it as this is not an intended use and it may cause troubles like the module not working correctly or resetting.

Regards,

forumuser
Contributor II

Thanks for pointing me to the pinout tool, thats extremely helpful.

Is there a MEX file for the i.MX6UL eval kit?

Best regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ralif,

I couldn't find a .mex file for the i.MX6UL EVK, maybe because the tool was released after the design of the EVK, but it would certainly be a good resource to have.

Regards,

0 Kudos