cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with i.mx7d FreeRTOS with eclipse

michalniebieski
Contributor I

Hi to all.

I have a i.mx7 som module where I would like to run FreeRTOS on Cortex-m4. I was able tof successful  compile and run example projects from FreeRTOS bsp for armgcc. 

But I would like to use eclipse for compilation. So I create new C project where I'm using the same toolchain  as for armgcc. There is no any errors on compilation  but sizes of .bin files are different and binary from eclipse do not work on SOM. 

Is there someone that could share template of working project of FreeRTOS for imx7 or imx6sw.

I suspect my problem is with compiler/linker options or configuration.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michal,

we don't have a specific example as the one you are asking for, however I recommend to check the following:

- My understanding is that you have created the project and imported the toolchain correctly, but anyway check if you are using the correct tools.

Welcome to GNU ARM Eclipse! 

How to install the ARM toolchain? 

- Are you using the correct linker file? The default path where you can find the linker files for the IMX7D FreeRTOS examples is next.

C:\Freescale\FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX7D\platform\devices\MCIMX7D\linker\gcc

- Regarding to the project properties, we have nothing about IMX7D + FreeRTOS + GCC + Eclipse, but the following guide about a FreeRTOS project on Kinetis Design Studio (Eclipse based) may give you a hint on what the settings may be.

How to: Create a New FreeRTOS for KSDK1.2 Project in KDS3.0 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos