cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG I2C board

bheemarao
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to program the NTAG I2C board using LPCXpresso 54102 board following the instruction from application note: UM10945 and UM10966.

The board is getting program (Explorer_Blink and Explorer_Demo) but while executing from android app it is not connecting. The status is as shown below:

Can i get any help on this troubleshooting.

Optionally i tried programming the NTAG I2C exp board via android app (Explorer_Demo and Explorer_Blink) following the steps as mentioned in app note, which was not successful. App displayed an error message saying not able to program.

And also how to confirm that NTAG i2C explorer board is working fine in good condition.

Best Regards

Bheema Rao

0 Kudos
8 Replies

bheemarao
Contributor II

I am facing same issue as mentioned in below NXP NFC community thread:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/436185

My board is OM5569/NT322E with LPC11U24 mcu

I programmed the board with "SW3647" which has the project folder

I followed all the steps given there but no success, is the explorer board has gone bad?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bheema Rao,

I would like to understand what is your current issue.

Did you take the picture shared in your initial post? The picture shows the board and Android application working as expected.

With regards to programming the board, please consider the next points:

- If programming the LPC11U24 with LPCXpresso + LPC-Link 2, make sure that the board is powered via the Micro USB connector with a cable to the PC.

-  For flashing the board using the Android app (via bootloader), the right most button (green button) must be pressed during the whole process.

In case you still have issues please let me know more details and I will be glad to help :smileyhappy:.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

bheemarao
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

There are below 3 things i tried out:

1: with android app: I downloaded NXP’s NTAG I2C app from play store and tried to communicate with the NTAG board i did not get any display on LCD screen and also on the app i should get Transfer Device<-- NTAG as the status

I am getting Transfer:none (as shown in pic)

pic:

2: To program NTAG EVK board with other binaries we should use external SWD interface (refer to app note UM10945) and pic shown below:

I used LPC54102 to program it.

pic:

I programmed the NTAG EVK board with Blink example as shown below:

pic:

The board is getting flashed but not executing anything, only backlight LCD is on and nothing is displaying

3: I tried to program the NTAG EVK board via android app as mentioned in UM10945, i am not able to program the board, in app it shows unable to program:

pic:

I referred to NXP NFC community and found similar problem in the link:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/436185

getting error as shown in pic: “Error during memory flash”

pic:

Best Regards

Bheema Rao

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bheema Rao,

1) Did you try the board with the Android app as first step? Or did you first try to program the board with the blink or demo app?

I ask because the kit is pre-programmed and it must work out-of-the box with the Android app.

I assume you have the latest Android app demo version. Just please confirm you have the latest version, which is right now v1.7.8.

2) Before flashing the board with the blink or demo apps, you must program the NTAG_I2C_Explorer_Bootloader firmware. Otherwise the blink or demo applications will not execute.

3) The flashing feature of the Android app uses the bootloader firmware. Maybe you missed programming the bootloader as mentioned in (2).

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

bheemarao
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

1. First i tried with Android app itself

The version i have is V1.7.8 the latest one as mentioned

2. Yes i followed the application note UM10945/UM10966 and flashed with “NTAG_I2C_LED_Bootloader first. And tried to program the board through android app still the same problem exists:

3. Demo app through android it is not getting programmed

Another thing i observed while flashing the explorer board using SWD LPC54102 board

Following the app note UM10966 page-6

NTAG_I2C_Explorer_Bootloader: This project implements the secondary bootloader application. It is flashed at on-chip memory address starting at 0x0000 0000 and it is the first application to be executed after the MCU boots.

The board was able to program boot loader at 0x00000000 as shown in below pic

But while flashing the explorer demo at location 0x00004000 , i am getting the error as shown in pic

NTAG_I2C_Explorer_Demo: This project implements the logic supporting the Android / Windows demonstration applications. It is flashed at on-chip flash memory starting at 0x0000 4000 address and it is executed after the bootloader jumps to the application start address.

I am getting the error as shown in pic

“Nc: inspected v.2 On-chip Flash Memory C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.1.4_606\lpcxpresso\bin\Flash\LPC11_12_13_32K_8K.cfx”

“Et:54: Cannot use non-zero -load-base (0x4000) with ELF file: NTAG_I2C_Explorer_Demo.axf”

“Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed”

Is there anything wrong in selecting cfx file as shown in pics.

Thanks and regards

Bheema Rao

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bheema Rao,

The ELF file already has the addressing information to load data in the MCU, so no need to specify a base address. Did you try with an address of 0x00000000 or with no address specified?

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

bheemarao
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

I have already tried the option you mentioned.

Bootloader program with base address 0x00000000 programmed success then,

Explorer_demo program without base address (blank address) it gets programmed but same result no output seen.

Best Regards

Bheema Rao

0 Kudos

明艳王
Contributor I

Hello,is your problem solved?

0 Kudos