cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6/Android: hang after "adb root"

damiendejean
Contributor I

Hello community !

We're facing an issue with imx6 Android KK-4.4.2 BSP and kernel 3.0.35. Indeed when I  use "adb root" any subsquent adb command hangs.

For instance, with the following sequence :

$ adb root

$ adb shell

The shell command hangs

But if  I use adb kill-server or I un-plug/plug the USB cable between the two commands it works. I read the following post https://community.nxp.com/thread/329947 which seems to be a similar issue. They talk about a patch that can be apply on kernel 3.0.35 but I can't found the patch in the discussion.

We won't be able to update the BSP for now, is there anything we can do to fix this issue ?

Best regards,

Damien Dejean.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please make sure that your adb issue is not due to google USB driver that must be installed multiple times for the MTP, PTP, MTP&ADB, PTP&ADB, and ADB function settings, Some Windows® OS environments may display MTP and
PTP Windows OS even though PTP only is enabled in thedevice.

Unfortunately there is no official patch for kk4.4.2_1.0.0, the patch mentioned in your external link thread was added to the kk4.4.3 release, since it includes a major release of GPU driver and kernel 3.10.

To obtain a proper patch for 3.0.35 you may need contact your marketing office. or get a quotation in NXP Professional services

NXP Professional Services|NXP 

Regards

0 Kudos