cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross compilation using linux libraries

mmonto58
Contributor II

Hello all,

I am having issues when using a cross compiler on a program that is included with the kernel im using on a nitrogen6 board.

The disto I am using is:

GitHub - boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_3.14.52_1.1.0_ga  

The file in question is spidev_test.c which can be found in the above repo at /Documentation/spi.

I am trying to build it using a linux virtual machine (xubuntu, not sure which version at the moment)

Ive tried multiple ways of building it including just gcc or the arm cross compiler with the command

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -I/home/matt/linux-imx6/arch/arm/include .... and I also tried building with the same compiler but -I/linux-imx6/include however that gave compilation errors.

Including the /arch/arm/include folder the build succeeded, the issue is when i move the file onto the nitrogen and attempt to execute it i get a file not found error and i believe ldd reveals the issue as:

libc.so.6 => not found (0x00000000)

/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 => /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x000000)

so the issue appears to be the libc.so.6. 

I will add i dont currently readially have a way to connect the nitrogen to the net to download the other libraries, how do i compile this correctly to run with my versions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please use the same toolchain for application and kernel compiling.

How to prepare toolchaing for Yocto approach - please look at the following

i.MX Yocto Project: How can I compile the kernel manually? 

as for libc.so.6 - You may try to simlink it to  libc.so of other version.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos