Are the UBOOT sources available for SCM-IMX6DQ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the UBOOT sources available for SCM-IMX6DQ?

neilturner
Contributor III

We are beginning a bare metal project using the SCM-IMX6DQ as the initial development board. This will require that our code initializes the hardware and in particular the LPDDR2 SDRAM. In a previous similar project using the TI OMAP4460 we managed to extract sections of the initialization source code from UBOOT to help us get the hardware up and running quickly.

Can you point me at the UBOOT sources for the SCM-IMX6DQ, is this code available to developers? Does UBOOT do most of the hardware initialization including the LPDDR2? 

Labels (2)
4 Replies

neilturner
Contributor III

Hi Ivor,

Thanks again, but I still don't understand. Should I be able to see the source code on my laptop before running the 'bitbake'? Exectuing the 'repo' command certainly downloads lots of stuff, but none of it is recognizable as .c and .h files! I cannot run 'bitbake' since I am running on Cygwin which does not support it.

As I said I am completely new to all this so I have no idea what each of these steps is supposed to be doing!

0 Kudos

neilturner
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply your link was useful but I still cannot see the source code I need. Please forgive me for being a complete novice in Linux and building generally,.

I have followed the instructions in SCMIMX6DQLRNUG.pdf, as follows,

$ mkdir fsl-arm-yocto-bsp
$ cd fsl-arm-yocto-bsp
$ cp <path to scm package>/meta-fsl-scm.tar.gz .
$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.52-1.1.0_ga
$ repo sync
$ tar zxvf meta-fsl-scm.tar.gz -C sources/

But this does not seem to give me the source code itself. Do I have to run the 'bitbake' before the sources appear? The problem I have is I am trying to do this using Cygwin on Windows as I don't have access to an Ubuntu machine and Cygwin does not support bitbake. I don't actually need to build the UBOOT I just need to be able to see the source code. 

In the previous TI OMAP progect the code I needed was mostly in u-boot\arch\arm\cpu\armv7 so it is roughly this area of the code I'm trying to find.

Regards,

Neil

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil

package contains patches for linux bsp, release 3.14.52_1.1.0.

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree 

Docs

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.52_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

First install linux bsp using Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf,

then apply pacthes using SCMIMX6DQLRNUG.pdf.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil

please check patches on

SCM-i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Linux Patch not able to bitbake 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------