cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy of general purpose timer in i.MX6Q USB

torus1000
Contributor V

Hi,

According to the i.MX6Q reference manual, there is a general purpose timer in the USB module.
So I want to make sure the relationship between SOF(125us) and this timer(1~1677215us).

Those two are completely synchronized?

For example, if I programmed the timer duration as 1000us, the interrupt will constantly generate each 8 micro frames(8x125us)?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

torus1000
Contributor V

Dear Victor,

Thank you for replying.

EPIT you mentioned is one of the candidates to realize what I want to do.

But I've been searching for the simplest way.
For me, internal timer in the USB module is more attractive.

Does anyone know clock source of this timer?

BR

0 Kudos

torus1000
Contributor V

Could someone help me please?

I'd be happy if someone could clarify the usage of this general purpose timer which I believed to synchronize to SOF.

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer "30.4 Functional Description" chapter of i.MX 6D/Q Processor Reference Manual regarding to GPT usage.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

torus1000
Contributor V

Dear Victor,

I think you refer to GPT however I asked about not GPT but USB_x_GPTIMER0/1. Please see attached.

If you know something, please let me know. I need your help.

Thanks.

---

usb_GPT.png

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use High Resolution Timer for more accuracy time measuring.
Please refer these notes:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/314550

Have a great day,
Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!