How to change device name?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change device name?

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Where are the device vendor and device name, which are displayed in Android DDMS when a iMX board is plugged into a PC, from? How do I change the name to my product name? My product is using iMX6 Solo on Android Kit-Kat.

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Which version of BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

I am using 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey Chang,

Here I attach you a porting guide we made ourselves. You can refer to. It will help you.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

Thank you very much. This is helpful.

However is there a similar document for Android BSP? I need to change the product name not only in u-boot but also in Android.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

It's about the u-boot, and about the porting BSP, you can refer to our porting guide in linux BSP. i.MX_6Solo6DualLite_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

Have a great day,
Rita

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

Thanks for the prompt responses. 

Can you provide the downloading link? I only have the user guide but I don't know where to download the porting guide.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

You can download all the documents here i.MX6S|i.MX 6Solo Processors|Multimedia|NXP .

Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

I have downloaded android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga_docs.tar.gz and android_KK4.4.3_2.0.1_docs.tar.gz but there is no porting guide, there is only user guide. 

Best regards,

Jeffrey

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

Please have a check. Here I attach them for you.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

I have browsed through the documents but I did not see information about how to modify the device name. 

Best regards,

Jeffrey

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeffrey,

In our website only these materials, you have to do porting yourself, only reference documents, no details and step by step documents. So here you can refer to the u-boot porting guide I send you. The kernel is similar.

Best Regards

Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeffreychang
Contributor I

Hi Rita,

Got it. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My pleasure:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos