cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous auto focus

karanbhagoji
Contributor II

Hello  all,

Having  a problem with the Camera. I am using the sabresd board(mx6) with android lollipop , freescale release with kernel 3.10.53.

With the problem about the Camera, we are looking into the camera continuous auto focus feature, I would like to implement the continuous auto focus feature i.e passive,active or hybrid on this version and my product. I am using the ov5640 mipi camera . As seen from the Hal and the frameworks that the continuous auto focus feature is disabled for the MIPI camera i.e by looking into the code of metering for AF and the AWB and also the parameters that are set in the HAL and the java frameworks. Also the Focus distance of the feature is disabled. , is there any piece of code or implementation already done? it would be of great help.

If not kindly guide us to implement the same.

At android  Hal layer we are using libcamera2 libaries.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi karan

please check

OV5640 Auto Focus Drivers 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

karanbhagoji
Contributor II

Hello Igor ,

I have already checked this and only triggered auto focus(by tapping on the preview screeen) is made possible and not the continuous Auto focus. The continuous auto focus uses the Passive and active techniques identify the object and set the focus by adjusting the focal distance(without tapping on the screen) . I am looking for continuous auto focus, for the MIPI camera.

Regards,

Karan

0 Kudos