cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug out problem

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

Hi there,

I am running the lpc open examples and many of these examples are using debugout functions to print messages.

In board.c i have enabled (this is the dafault configuration) #include "retarget.h".

The debugout messages were displayed in serial terminal at COM3 fine.

Suddenly no messages are displayed. The weird thing is that when i press keys in keyboard i can handle it properily.

It seems that debug in works properly but debug out not.

I am in a middle of a delivery so if any has any advice or idea please help!

Thanx a lot!

0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

User has created new thread : https://community.nxp.com/thread/434445 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitris Sideris,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

Before answer the question, I was wondering if you can tell me what the board and the version of the LPCOpen you use.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

Hi again jeremyzhou,

my board is lpcxpresso4367 and lpcopen version 2.19 (the latest).

The weird thing is as i mentioned before that i never had a problem with the debugout messages.

The only thing that it might affected is that i installed a driver for an oscilloscope to pc and i had to install also some additional usb drives from National Instruments.

Now i have uninstalled them and reinstalled the LPC-LinkII Ucom Port driver.

My project libraries are redlib (nohost) and not using semihosting.

Hope that the above info helps.

0 Kudos

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

I am trying to fix this so i restored windows to a previous state before the potential messing with the usb drivers.

I also downloaded lpcxpresso IDE 8.2.0.

Still have the same problem.

I can debug correctly, if i choose blindly the options from serial terminal debugin takes it as input but NO debugout messages are printed.

Plz help!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to suggest that you can debug the board with a new PC or use the P4 FTDI header to connect the PC with the TTL-232R-3V3 cable.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

What do you think is the problem?

Either a new pc or buying sth in not an option unfortunately!

0 Kudos

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

I could really use some help.

Most lpcopen examples need a terminal input so without debugout messages i practically cannot use uC.

0 Kudos