cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSKD 2.0 Wizard to build the new project

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using FRDM-K66, KDS 3.2 and KSDK 2.0 to build my application. I tried the demo application and all work fine.

Now, I am trying to build my own project including all required files under my project directory:

1) I should use KSDK 2.0 wizard to generate my project? Should I include all driver, or just minimal? What is major difference between two? If I do not select RTOS, is it easy to add when I need it?

2) After I generate the new project, how to add the required files into my new project if I want to build my new project with the same function as demo bare-mental httpsrv? Is there step by step instruction?

3) Is there any better way to do so?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

about your question: "Should I include all driver, or just minimal? What is major difference between two?"

It is safer to use all drivers. The linker will remove unused code, so it is better to have all drivers copied in your application and later you can decide, which are useful for your application. Option "minimal" should be used if you wants to use just few of them and you can cherry pick manually.

If you want to add additional files into your project, just copy them into project filder in your workspace.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Marek,

I built the project with Wizard 2.0 and works fine. Now, I am trying to middleware (lwip, and fatfs) for my application to build http server and file system for my application.

Should I copy lwip_1.4.1 and fatfs_0.11a into my project? Then change the include file, directory, and etc...?

Could you provide me any recommend way to do so?

Could you have step by step instruction how to do so?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

I'd recommend to start with examples provided in board/{board}/demo_apps/lwip and board/{board}/usb_examples/*fatfs. There is also step-by-step documentation located in docs/lwip.

And yes, you need to copy or link the middleware sources into your project and configure include path.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Thanks, Marek. I am going to try it...

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Christie,

- About create KSDK v2.0 project , please refer to this thread :

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

About create FreeRTOS project , please refer to this thread :

Creating a FreeRTOS project using KDS and Kinetis SDK Project V2.0 

- After you refer to these , if you still have any question , please tell me .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos