Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6Q outperforming i.mx6QP in 3D

psandoval
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm running a 3D rendering test with the following setup:

Platforms: i.mx6Q (SabreSD), i.mx6QP (auto, running stand alone)

1080p HDMI display

I load a 20,605 triangle model and get the following results:

When using a FBO with a 1080p resultion:

Q - ~17

QP - ~44

(everything as expected)

with NO FBO and 1080p:

Q - ~46

QP - ~44

(wait, what?)

Now here it gets weird: NO FBO, but using a glViewport of 800x480

Q - ~91

QP- ~44

(wait a minute...)

What is going on? Is there ANY case where the Quad would outperform the QP?

I'm running the exact same binaries and assets in both platforms, I can provide binaries, source, and assets if required.

Regards,

Paco

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Francisco,

When calls glviewport function the width and height are limited.(no more than 8064) If in your app code the width is larger than 8064,for example 8192, the driver will set it to 8064. and this process affect the overall perfomance. 

There is no case where MX6Q outperform Mx6QP, So you should not have issue with glviewport at 800x480 so please provide your sample code in order to reproduce it.

regards

0 Kudos

psandoval
Contributor II

Hello,

Find attached the source code where the behavior can be observed.

I include a binary that you can run in both boards (tested on Yocto 4.1.15_1.1.0-GA) and immediately see the behavior.

To build from source, modify the makefile so it points to your SDK folder, then run make.

You will need to copy the generated binary and the "resources" directory to the same folder.

The application need the "DevIL" and "AssImp" libraries, you can find those in the meta-gtec layer. I also attach the libraries so you can just copy those to the "usr/lib" folder.

If you get a "file not found" error when running the binary, you will need to create a symbolic link for your ld-linux library: 

ln -s /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3

In Summary:

Using Yocto 4.1.15_1.1.0_GA with a 1080p monitor:

1) extract the libs folder to "/usr/lib"

2) create a directory "/gift" and copy there the "resources" folder and the binary

3) run the file. 

Let me know if you have any questions on replicating the behavior.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Francisco,

I am getting following error when trying to run the binary file, I copied all the lib files and created symlink.

/mustang_nosg_noFBO_800_480: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libassimp.so.3: file too short

Is this file corrupted? I am trying to create the binary on my own and let you know how that goes, but in between if you have any input on this.

Regards

0 Kudos