cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 hardware breakpoints

iloskutov
Contributor I

Hi there,

I try to implement gdb-stubs for some kernel. And I can't make hardware breakpoint work on iMX6 hardware. I implement exception handlers and set up ARM debug module with next steps:

- check that debug module in normal power state and registers can be accessed;

- check that OS Lock not enabled;

- reset registers DBGVCR, DBGBCRx, DBGWCRx

- enable monitor mode;

When I set up hardware breakpoints using registers DBGBCRx, DBGBVRx they don't work. I checked this gdb-stub code on qemu and it works.

I found only a few iMX-specific options: CPU debug clocks in CCM module (enabled) and register IOMUXC_GPR10 (debug enabled)

Do I miss something in the iMX-specific configuration of debug module?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ivan,

As an option, you could refer to application note AN4553 “Using Open Source Debugging Tools for Linux on i.MX Processors”, which provides information that could be useful regarding debugging on i.MX6.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

iloskutov
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the support. This document isn't related to my issue. I can use debugging tools for my configuration.

I almost figured out with my issue. Kernel works in secure mode and HW BP doesn't work because I don't have SPIDEN authentication signal. Then I have two options: use debug version of the kernel in non-secure mode or figure out how to enable this signal.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ivan,

In this case, you could take a look at the link below:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/316917

FYI, the new link of the mentioned application note is the following:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4686.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos