cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio codec not working with L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga_images

sourabhdas
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx6ulevk board. I am new in audio codec stuff. Initially I tried with L3.14.38 prebuilt images that I downloaded from the nxp website.

I recorded some sound with arecord utility and played it back to my PC. It was playing well.

Next I tried with L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga_images which was the latest image that I downloaded from nxp website. I tried the arecord utility to record some sound, but it was not geting record. I tried this several times with L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga_images, but I am not able to record anything.

I tried this command:

arecord -d 10 test.wav

Kindly help me in this.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sourabh

please try procedure given in sect.7.3.5 Audio recording

attached Linux Guide and sect.28.2.4 Sound Card Information

Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sourabhdas
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the Linux Reference Manual and got some brief idea about what all the drivers (like wm8960.c, imx-wm8960.c, fsl_sai.c) are doing.

I checked the drivers by putting some debug prints. They were loaded properly. So, what should I do next?

0 Kudos