cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6S/DL boot fuses configuration

Astralix
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to configure a fresh iMX6DL to make it boot from an eMMC 4.4+ connected to uSDHC1 in 8-bit DDR mode. Unfortunately it doesn't work.

The BOOT_MODE[1:0] are pulled to 00.

BOOT_CFG1 is set to 0x60 (eMMC)

BOOT_CFG2 should be 0xc0 (8-bit v4.4, SD1) but it is c8 (8-bit, v4.4, SD3) as this selection for uSDHC3 is already present when I pick a new iMX6 from the shelf...

And an additional problem may be, thatthere is used DS1_DAT0..SD1_DAT3 in normal SD-D0..3 configuration but NANDF_D0 to NANDF_D3 ind alternate config for SD-D4..7 to access the eMMC databus.

However, the boards support a local SPI NOR flash, and for a fallback... Is it possible to flash the BOOT_CFG1 that has 0x60xx to a value that supports again SPI NOR boot, or is there any other option to fall through to ECSPI1 even there is an eMMC without a valid boot sector?

EIM_D16__ECSPI1_SCLK
EIM_D17__ECSPI1_MISO
EIM_D18__ECSPI1_MOSI
EIM_EB2__ECSPI1_SS0

I'd like to recover the boards in case booting from SD1 is not possible.

A big bonus would be, if the BOOT_MODE pins still enable to pull the board in USB download mode, as this enables fallback in case of a destroyed u-boot.

Kind regards

Ulrich

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jan_spurek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ulrich,

if you want to change the boot device for recovery, you should set BOOT_MODE[1:0] to 10b (internal boot). In this mode, if BT_FUSE_SEL is set to 0, the eFUSEs settings are overriden by GPIOs, allowing change of the boot device even if the fuses have been blown.

RM page 374

Have a nice day

Jan

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ulrich

boot iomux settings are provided in Table 8-18. SD/MMC IOMUX

Pin Configuration i.MX6SDL Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf

one can pay attention to CD - GPIO_1.alt6.

Aftre boot failure there are some special modes, please check

sect.8.9 Recovery Devices, 8.11 SD/MMC Manufacture Mode

Once blown, fuse can not be recovered.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos