Load image via USB/Ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load image via USB/Ethernet

martindusek
Contributor V

Is it possible to load firmware image to some kind of bootable onboard chip memory (nand, nor flash, emmc ???) of imx6ul based board via USB or Ethernet? Are there any detailed instruction how to do it?

I'm in proces of designing imx6ul based embedded computer and I don't want to use SD card on the board.

I use Yocto to build my linux distribution, if it is important.

Edit: OK, I discovered, there is a tool called MFGTOOL and that there is possibility to place IMX6UL to serial download mode. I have imx6ulevk and I can place imx6ul to serial download mode with SW602 switched and then use USB J1102 to download the image. However, I can't find that MFGTOOL nor any instructions how to use it with imx6ulevk. Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following may be helpful :

Getting started with Linux binary images on i.MX6UL EVK and MfgTool L3.14.52

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin

Mfg Tool was designed only for writing images, in general I was able to run uboot on i.MX6Q SabreSD

with modifications in ucl2.xml (u-boot-mx6q-sabresd_nopad.bin is uboot without padding, seems it would

correspond to u-boot-imx6ulevk_sd.imx)

<LIST name="SabreSD-SD" desc="USB SDP">

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6q-sabresd_nopad.bin" >Loading image</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to image. </CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo Load Complete!">Done</CMD>

</LIST>

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos