​IMX6Q SABRE AUTO ​ CAN Module not working as expected​ on Linux 3.14

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

​IMX6Q SABRE AUTO ​ CAN Module not working as expected​ on Linux 3.14

shyamjithkv
Contributor III

I am trying to ​use the ​CAN module​ 1 (CAN1)​​on an ​IMX6​Q SABRE AUTO Board​.​ The followin​g are the list of commands I use to configure CAN1.

< ip link set can1 type can bitrate 250000 sample-point 0.875 loopback off listen-only off triple-sampling on >

< ifconfig can1 up >

1. After I configure CAN1 up, I do not see an idle high voltage on the CAN1 DB9 Connector pins(Pin2/Pin7). Why is this so?

2. After I press the SW1 (CAN wake-up switch) for a short while, the Pins 2 and 7 go idle high showing default CAN idle state. Can this be handled via any processor pins without using a switch press for the same ?

3. After i have an IDLE state on the CANH and CANL pins, i tried connecting a can sniffer hardware straight to the CAN1 DB9 connector, but i couldn't see Tx,RX from or to IMX6 CAN1. Is there anything I am missing here ?

I am using the following commands to send and receive,

< cansend can1 123#DEADBEEF >

< candump can1 any,0:0,#FFFFFFFF >

4. Regarding the termination resistance, i think the SABRE AUTO board uses a 60 ohm termination.My sniffer has a 120 Ohm termination inside. Shouldn't this be compatible as i dont have any long wires between the sniffer connector and the IMX6 CAN connector ?

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi shyamjith

flexcan testing general steps are described in

All Boards FlexCAN

for i.MX6 recommended to use imx-test package,  folder /test/can

www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.3.tar.gz

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos