LPC Future / New devices coming

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Future / New devices coming

hlsamts
Contributor III

We are currently using a lot of LPC43xx and LPC15xx Microcontroller designs. If NXP keeps their promise regarding the life expactancy of the LPC devices, there is currently no need to change these products.

Hoewever, we are currently starting a lot of new projects and I have the feeling that NXP is not developping any succesors of the LPC devices. Instead they seem to focus on the Kinetis product line.

Since our products usually have a very long product life cycle( ~15 years), I am not sure whether I should still start new LPC designs.

I pretty much like the DualCore-Microcontroller. However, longterm availability is much more important.

Am I right? Or will there be new LPC devices coming in the future?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hlsamts
Contributor III

@LPCX support: Thanks for your response. I already knew this statement. However, it is not clear from this statement, whether NXP is just "delivering" existing devices or if the LPC familiy will be updated in the future as well.

Hello Peter,

thank you very much for your detailed response. This sounds promising.

We have developped lots of softare for the 43xx series using the peripherals to a very deep level. Even though I could change to the Kinetis line (or STM32 or Atmel), I do not want to (and my colleagues as well).

Best regards,

Holger

0 Kudos

peter_furtner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hallo Holger,

if you need more data or information, please feel free to send me an email under --> Peter.Furtner@nxp.com

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

peter_furtner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hallo Holger,

this Impression is definitely not quite correct. NXP is currently working on new LPC products to come in Oct./Nov. timeframe and in early 2017 timeframe. Amongst these new products are very low-cost LPC800 derivatives but also new LPC devices with Display controller and features similar to LPC4300.

Also, just a few months ago we released the new LPC5411x Dual Core Family with CORTEX-M4 and CORTEX-M0+ Core.

Our current lifetime commitment is as usual 10 years for all LPC products.

I hope this helps. If you need more Information on our new products, just let me know.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LPC devices are not going away. I suggest you see: NXP Microcontrollers: Kinetis and LPC Portfolio Update

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos