cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 design files for PADS layout VX1.2

SamR
Contributor I

Hi all,

I didn't found any i.MX6 design files from NXP site or community site which can be imported to PADS layout VX1.2.

I'm going to make a design with i.MX6QP, LPDDR2 memories and PF0100 PMIC. Has someone converted SABRE design files to a format which can be imported to PADS layout or has someone component library for PADS including SABRE design components. I would be very grateful if someone can share working files.

Best regards,

Sami Ruotsalainen

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the following resources :

how to get mentor pads .pcb file from Allegro .brd file

.brd file to PAD layout - PCB SKILL - Cadence Technology Forums - Cadence Community

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

SamR
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried to import the files also to pads 9.5 but it fails because Allegro design is not prepared to migration.

The Allegro design files has to be "pre converted" with Allegro for pads to allow them imported to pads.

If someone can make the pre conversion for pads with Allegro that should help the importing to pads.

BR,

Sami

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Looks like the first steps for migration PCB design from OrCad to PADS should

be performed on PADS machine. According to "allegro2pads.pdf" :

a. Copy the contents of the <PADS install dir>\SDD_HOME\translators\skill_scripts

folder on the PADS machine to the $HOME\pcbenv folder.

b. Copy <PADS install dir>\SDD_HOME\translators\win32\bin\tech_translator.exe

on the PADS machine to the $HOME\pcbenv folder.

Please provide me 
<PADS install dir>\SDD_HOME\translators\skill_scripts

and <PADS install dir>\SDD_HOME\translators\win32\bin\tech_translator.exe

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

SamR
Contributor I

Hello,

Yesterday I found a way to get one older SABRE design (LAY-27392) to PADS. I installed Altium to my PC and got imported the older pcb design to it and exported it to a P-CAD ASCII (*.pcb) format which could be imported with pads.

I can also try if this allegro2pads way works for the latest design.

I couldn't attach files here so I put a drop box link.Here are attached the files you asked:

Dropbox - pcbenv.zip

BR,

Sami

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please try the enclosed.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos