playback any mp4 video from MMC at a resolution of 1024x768 @50 Hz on i.MX6-SOLO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playback any mp4 video from MMC at a resolution of 1024x768 @50 Hz on i.MX6-SOLO

nagamaheshg
Contributor III

Our main requirement was to playback any mp4 video from MMC at a resolution of 1024x768 @50 Hz  on i.MX6-SOLO .

We tried to play the MP4 video with different resolutions.

When we played MP4 video with 720 x 480 resolution of 2 min length, the occupied memory is getting free from RAM.

So, we thought playing high resolution video is the issue, as we are  playing 1280*720 resolution of 1.01 hour length video .

But when we played MP4 videos with different resolution of 1 hour length,  we faced the same  issue, but now the memory consumption is slow for  less resolution videos.

Please find the attachment, we checked the memory consumption with free command.

$gplay Demo.MP4

is the command which we are giving to play the video

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nagamahesh

for memory leaks problems recommended to use latest BSPs on:

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

for older releases, please check suggestions given on

Long running vpu task with memory leak bug on imx6

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nagamaheshg
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

I am unable to open the below link:

Long running vpu task with memory leak bug on imx6

When i tried to open the above link, it is saying as below:

An unexpected error has occurred

0 Kudos

nagamaheshg
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I have tested on the latest Ycoto BSP with the below command, but the HD video is playing very slow and got below error:

$gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=Demo.mp4 ! qtdemu  ! h264parse ! v4l2video1dec ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! fbdevsink sync=trueux

*****************************************************************************************************************

WARNING: from element

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFBDEVSink:fbdevsink0: A lot of buffers are

being dropped.

Additional debug info:

PD15.3.0/build/tmp-glibc/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-phytec-linux-gnueabi/gstreamer1.0/1.4.5-r0/gstreamer:

There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

********************************************************************************************************************

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nagamahesh

are you using Qt, please try without it using L4.1.15 linux from i.MX6 nxp product page

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

~igor

0 Kudos

nagamaheshg
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not using Qt, I am playing a video 1280*720 resolution of 1.01 hour length video with gst-launch.

$gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=Demo.mp4 ! qtdemu  ! h264parse ! v4l2video1dec ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! fbdevsink sync=trueux

Note:

VPU and GPU cores are enabled in the BSP

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nagamahesh

please try to reproduce this issue on nxp reference board

with Demo Images

~igor

0 Kudos