Is 2.2M ohm resistor required to prevent i.MX6DQ ERR005777 and suspend/resume failure?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 2.2M ohm resistor required to prevent i.MX6DQ ERR005777 and suspend/resume failure?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6DQ XTAL.

Please see ERR005777 in IMX6DQCE (Rev.6.1).

It says that 2.2 M-ohm external resistor is required.

Next, please see Table 15 in i.MX Linux Reference Manual (Rev.L4.1.15_1.1.0-ga).

The 2.2M ohm resistor is mentioned also in this table, but it says the 2.2M ohm rework should be removed if use suspend/resume.

Then, to prevent both boot failure and suspend/resume failure on a custom board, 2.2M ohm resistor is required?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi,

I confirmed the question with my colleague from i.MX hardware Expert team again, this 2.2M resistor must be added when designing hardware, so please tell the infomation to your customer.

Best Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi,

In errata, we can see:

Workarounds:

The addition of a 2.2 M-ohm external resistor from the XTALI pin to ground is required for all designs.

so suggest customer had better add the resistor on their design.

in addition, i checked linux reference manual for linux 4.1.15_1.1.0, i didn't find description about 2.2M resistor, I attached the reference manual here, because i don't know if the version you used is same as that of mine.

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hello Weidong,

> i checked linux reference manual for linux 4.1.15_1.1.0, i didn't find description about 2.2M resistor,

Sorry, I was wrong.

Linux release note mentions about the 2.2M resistor as attached, not reference manual.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Simoda

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi,

I confirmed the question with my colleague from i.MX hardware Expert team again, this 2.2M resistor must be added when designing hardware, so please tell the infomation to your customer.

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hello Weidong,

Please give me your reply how should we do to the Suspend/Resume issue on SABRE board?

Actually, a suspend/resume problem was happen more often when with 2.2M ohm than when without 2.2M ohm on our custom board even though we don't know these are same problem or not.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi ,

I discussed the question with Hardware AE & Softerware AE(i.MX expert team), we all think 2.2M OHM resistor should be used, As for Suspend/Resume issue, 2.2M OHM or without 2.2M OHM is not root cause, becuase we did test on sabreSD board, no similar issue occured.

So cusotmer shouldn't focus on if 2.2OHM should be added to design, but should take more time to analyse other reasons!

Hope above messages are helpful for you!

Best Regards,

Weidong

satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Weidong,

Thank you for your reply, and I understood the 2.2M ohm is not related the Suspend/Resume issue on SABRE board.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hello Weidong,

Would you reply to my last question?

If 2.2M ohm is essential, how should we do to the Suspend/Resume issue written in Linux Release Notes?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hello Weidong,

Thank you for your reply.

As per your reply, I understood the suspend/resume issue by the 2.2M ohm rework is happened only on SABRE, and the 2.2M ohm rework does not affect to suspend/resume for a custom board, right?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos