cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using QorIQ family processor Security Engine 4.2 as entropy source

Jump to solution
mofassirhaque
Contributor I

I want to improve entropy by using the output of TRNG i.e. hardware generated entropy. I have pointed the "rng_current" to "rng-caam". I am running "rngd" with r option i.e.  "rngd -r /dev/hwrng". Trace program i.e. "strace rngd -r /dev/hwrng" confirms that it is reading/getting 8 bytes.

However, I want to confirm that whether I am getting entropy output from SEC 4.2 RNG (which is available across RNG Test Output FIFO register) or output is coming from SEC 4.2 TRNG (which is available across XKEY register) ?

Any help/reply is appreciated please.

Thanks & Regards,

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Visit the link below, study Verifying driver operation and correctness section:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-70AB1917-E7BD-45DB-924C-7...

:

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mofassirhaque
Contributor I

Hi @Platon,

Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks & Regards,

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Visit the link below, study Verifying driver operation and correctness section:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK/GUID-70AB1917-E7BD-45DB-924C-7...

:

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos