LPC4370 Spifi external flash boot compatibility.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370 Spifi external flash boot compatibility.

mateuszspychala
Contributor I

Hello,

I've found compatibility list of external spifi memories for LPC4370 here.

https://www.lpcware.com/content/project/nxp-peripherals/spifi-nxp-microcontrollers

We're searching for smallest possible flash to boot chip, because we have very limited pcb area.

SST25VF020B-80-4I-QAE

and

SST26WF040BT-104I/NP

Is LPC4370 capable of booting from them using SPIFI? First one is very similar to SST25VF016 which is compatible with LPC4370.

Second one is faster, because it has 4-bit interface.

We also consider another product which demand a lot of flash memory.

We've found that memory.

S70FL01GS

Is it compatible with uc for booting?

In both cases we will be loading whole program to SRAM memory and execute it from there, so chip must be capable only of downloading it to memory end start executing program.

Best regards,

Mateusz

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Any device that can accept a 03 read serial opcode after receiving an FF opcode is expected to boot successfully. LPCXpresso IDE is distributed with various examples of user loadable flash drivers, for a variety of devices. However if you are using a flash device that is unsupported, it is possible to write your own driver file or adapt an existing example.

Please check the below thread:

User loadable flash drivers

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos