cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SX QSPI BOOT

Jump to solution
JHY
Contributor IV

The ROM expects the QuadSPI configuration parameters (as explained in the QuadSPI

Configuration Parameters) to be present in the serial flash memory from the offset 0x400

of serial flash of length 368 bytes. The ROM reads these configuration parameters using

the default read command configured in the LUT of the QuadSPI interface with the

SCLOCK operating at 18 MHz.

(IMX6SXRM.pdf - page 408)

My system is based on I.MX6SX.

I set BOOT_CFG1[7:4] to 0001 and BOOT_CFG1[3] to 0, so expected QSPI1 SCLK 18MHz, but there is no signal on the pin.

Is there another requirement for QSPI booting?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JHY

this should be sufficient, one can check clocks: both 24MHz and

32.768KHz, BOOT_CFG4[7] - infinite loop,

then attach jtag check boot configuration in registers

SRC_SBMR1,2.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jan_spurek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you set BOOT_CFG1[3] to 0, you choose QuadSPI0. If you want to use QuadSPI1, you have to set BOOT_CFG1[3] to 1.

IMX6SXRM.pdf - page 311

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JHY

this should be sufficient, one can check clocks: both 24MHz and

32.768KHz, BOOT_CFG4[7] - infinite loop,

then attach jtag check boot configuration in registers

SRC_SBMR1,2.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!