Wireless stack in KSDK 2.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless stack in KSDK 2.0?

calebrust
Contributor III

Looks like Kinetis KW22 and KW24 are now available in KSDK 2.0.  I generated and downloaded the SDK, but I couldn't find any mention of Phy, MAC, or ieee_802_15_4 in the file/folder structure.  I also used the KSDK Project Generator, but I couldn't find any mention of wireless connectivity within projects generated by that either.

When will the 802.15.4 wireless stacks be available for KSDK 2.0?

3 Replies

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

calebrust
Contributor III

That software seems to be for KSDK 1.3, not KSDK 2.0.  Also, all of the examples and libraries are for IAR embedded workbench, not Kinetis Design Studio.  Does NXP have plans to update the wireless stack and release something new?

In a similar thread from January How can I obtain 802.15.4 protocol stack gcc library or source for MCR20A and KW2x? Earl noted the reason for IAR

[IAR]...is a compiler more efficient than GCC and as you may know these are very complex stacks where the footprint would be considerably impacted.

I spent some time compiling an IEEE 802.15.4 project in GCC and KDS (see KW2xD SMAC projects available for KDS?), and compared the resultant binary size with that of IAR.  KDS w/ gcc built to 93k, and IAR built to 83k, so only about a 10% difference in size, which to me doesn't seem considerable, unless I'm overlooking some factor?

Anyways, I've since been working off of that example project, but I'm stranded with KSDK 1.2.  I see no path to upgrade to KSDK 2.0

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that software at KW2xD is for KSDK 1.3, not KSDK 2.0.  Also, all of the examples and libraries are for IAR embedded workbench, not Kinetis Design Studio. KW41 is for KSDK2.0 and KDS compiler at BLE example currently, but KW41 is not launched yet. It may be in early Oct. You may contact your local NXP sales if you are interested in KW41. 

0 Kudos