cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't debug an application in KDS with Segger j-link

jeniabrook
Contributor II

Hello,

I've a problem to debug the code on KE04Z128 (Not on evaluation board). It just seems to be stuck, not even stops at the beginning of main() function.

It used to work good, I have some LED Blink program that worked good, until I started to implement Serial Bootloader (accordingly to AN4767 document) on that micro-controller.

First of all the Serial Bootloader was implemented on FRDM-KE06Z evaluation board and it worked great, I've been able to upload a S19 (srec) file through the AN2295 PC to the FRDM-KE06Z and verified that it worked as it should be.

After that I've started to implement the bootloader on KE04Z128. The communications through UART (RS485) between the AN2295 PC and the target is good, I can erase addresses (from 0x4000 to end of flash --> 0x4000 is where my app should start) but not be able to program (another story...).

So I decided go back to the LED Blink program, and now as I said before, I can't debug it.

I've opened a new project and write another LED Blink program, still no result, it stuck.

When I go back to bootloader project I can debug it. Other projects I can't debug.

I don't know what seems to be a problem and from where to begin to solve this annoying issue.

Is anyone could guide me through?

Thank you.

Jenia

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jenia Brook

Did you change the start address of you LED Blink program to work with you bootloader?

If so, maybe you are having the same issue that this post: Debugging Application in KDS with Bootloader

I recommend you to check it and tell me if you have any question
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos