cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 6.3 on windows 10

azeddinehaida
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to use CW on windows it works fine but when I trie to program an HCS08 micro using the debugger (cyclone pro) it appears " error starting external debugger.Process Error Code 2 (0x02) impossible to find the the specified file "

Can you help me ?

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

R_L_
Contributor I

I had the same error in the same conditions as you. but i found htat the error only ocurrs when the procesor expert is enabled . When I dont use processor expert , i can open close and work without porblems. For that reason I imagine that the problem is related with the PE. Is any way to reinstall only the PE? best regards Rodrigo

0 Kudos

RodneyMcGee
Contributor IV

I do not recommend removing ProcessorExpert as shown in Jennie's post because:

The Processor expert crash issue has been fixed in 6.3, you need to update PE_Plugin.dll

See the new step and download in  https://www.cvorg.ece.udel.edu/2021/03/24/how-to-install-codewarrior-6-3-classic-in-windows-10-or-7-...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

we can install part of CW feature by custom install. choose custom install, then disable the feature that you needn't install:

pastedImage_1.png

CW6.3 is a very old CW product and it isn't designed for win10. NXP doesn't have systemic test of CW6.3 on win10.

so NXP doesn't recommend user uses CW6.3 on win10 and can't provide support of CW6.3 on win10.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

azeddinehaida
Contributor I

Directly.

All is working fine except the two issues above.

Best regards

0 Kudos

RodneyMcGee
Contributor IV
0 Kudos

azeddinehaida
Contributor I

Hi,

I apologize for the delay !!

Strange but true the problem was that the application " HIWAVE.EXE" was not present in the folder \\Prog ,something was wrong with the installation .

The second problems is not solved .

Excuse me for my english is not very good .

When you want to create the abs or abs19 files with different features depending on the define of something you can use different targets

for example

word variable;

if you want to have different version of your abs the first one with

variable = 0x01;

and the second one with

variable= 0x0f ;

you can create a new target with an ohter name cloning tha standard target and in the compiler you can define a name as you want for example _BIS_

in the project you can write

#ifdef _BIS_

variable = 0x0f;

#else

variable = 0x01;

#endif

if you change in the new target in  the linker application the name of the abs file ,when you compile the two targets in the BIN folder you will have two 6 files 3 for the standard target and 3 for the clone .

*.abs

*.abs19

*.map

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

" HIWAVE.EXE" is necessary for the CW install.  To guarantee the  completeness of the CW6.3 install, I suggest you install your CW6.3 to a 32bit xp/win7 computer then copy the install folder to your disk. then test your connection again.

regarding to your second problem, I suggest you read

How to support multiple targets in CodeWarrior(Classic, Eclipse)/KDS

chapter 1 is for classic CW.

to switch target, you need click on the red icon in Target tab

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

azeddinehaida
Contributor I

Hi ,

I know very well how is working because I'm using CW 6.3 every day but when I was on xp there wasn't any problems .Now with Windows 10 I'm having this problems (also when I quit from Cw every time crash dump al kernell base).

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CW 6.3 is not recommended for win10. if you need work v6.3 with win10 anyway, try this workaround

Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

if using win10, NXP's recommendation is CW10.6.4 see this url:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

azeddinehaida
Contributor I

Hi,

For now I can't change Cw version...Maybe in the future...

But unfortunatly I still having problems ,this time with multiple TARGET and when I close CW.

If I add a new target (cloning an existing target) I can't after select the new targhet ,o moving from to the other.

the same error for both situation is

"CodeWarrior encountered an unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at adress 0x7610dae8

crash dump written to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Freescale\codewarrior for Microcontrollers V6.3\bin\IDE.exe.b5292.20160712.103729A.dump "

many thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you  use CW6.3 on win10?

you install CW6.3 on win10 directly or use the workaround?

0 Kudos