cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to compile different target(image_gui,image_core) with the same tmp

Jump to solution
tomgao
Contributor III

how to compile different target (gui and core ) with the same tmp . it have to download a lot of code when I  bitbake fsl-image-gui . Now I want to use the bitbake core-image-base ,do I have to download all the code again .Or I can reuse the fsl-image-gui  code ?and how to do ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Tom,

Both fsl-image-gui and core-image-base may use some common packages. The packages for compiling are downloaded and stored to downloads folder in the yocto projects main directory (if downloads directory is not present, then downloaded files are stored on the source directory). The packages that are downloaded are stored on to downloads directory irrespective of the image you are compiling(in most cases). So if the file required for 'core-image-base' is already downloaded by the 'fsl-image-gui', then it will be present on downloads directory, and further compilation will not download the file again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom,

Pranav Madhu have given the detail reply. It can help you.

Have a nice day

Dan

pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Tom,

Both fsl-image-gui and core-image-base may use some common packages. The packages for compiling are downloaded and stored to downloads folder in the yocto projects main directory (if downloads directory is not present, then downloaded files are stored on the source directory). The packages that are downloaded are stored on to downloads directory irrespective of the image you are compiling(in most cases). So if the file required for 'core-image-base' is already downloaded by the 'fsl-image-gui', then it will be present on downloads directory, and further compilation will not download the file again.