cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID algorithm in SDK

Jump to solution
leonardomoreno
Contributor II

Hello, my name Leonardo Moreno and I'm trying to use de FRDM-KE06Z board to control the temperature of a Peltier Cell through PWM. For doing this, I'm going to use a PID controller.

I'm new to the Kinetis boards, and therefore I'm having a bit of confusión while developing the Project.

In this post: [Kinetis M] High Precision PID controller there is a mention that the PID algorithms are already provided for the kinetis boards in SDK software tolos.

I downloaded the SDK 2.0 of a similar board (FRDM-K64F) in hopes of having a look at the PID algorithms, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Can anybody please guide me as to where can I find the algorithms? Do they come as an application example?

Many thanks,

Leonardo Moreno

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leonardo,

PID is an algorithm, it is not depend on the chip.

Our KSDK have give the PID algorithm code for your reference, I already attached it, you don't need to use the whole KSDK project, because the KE06 don't have the KSDK now, it has the according sample code driver for your reference, you can download it from this link:

FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package

When you want to use the PID algorithm, you can call the PID function in the attachment.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leonardo,

PID is an algorithm, it is not depend on the chip.

Our KSDK have give the PID algorithm code for your reference, I already attached it, you don't need to use the whole KSDK project, because the KE06 don't have the KSDK now, it has the according sample code driver for your reference, you can download it from this link:

FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package

When you want to use the PID algorithm, you can call the PID function in the attachment.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
leonardomoreno
Contributor II

Excellent, thank you Jing

0 Kudos