Can I get a step by step introduction about mfg tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a step by step introduction about mfg tool?

ahmetkoc
Contributor III

@Before beginning I asked a similar question but it marked as answered without a real answer. (you can see it here Why nothing happens after "jumping to os image" in mfg tool? )

Hello all,

I have a sabre automative imx6 board MCIMX6xAICPU1 board. I don't know much about MFG TOOL. I did these steps.

1- connected the Debug UART DB9 to PC.

2-connected USB OTG to PC

3- inserted an empty (also with no partition) SD card to PC. ( We also tried with sd card on board, sd card on both pc and board, no sd card.)

4- Ran the MFG TOOL ( It saw the HID - compliant device)

5 - Press start

6- It loaded uboot, kernel  etc.

7- It reached  the "jumping to os image" state and did nothing else.

So can you tell me all steps one by one with answeing these questions?

Are usb connections right?

Where should I put  the SD card? PC or board?

I downloaded L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools.tar.gz as mfg tool kit from here SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP

Is it enough itself for installing linux on SD card and/or board?

How can I show correct .dtb file to mfg tool?

Please, don't mark it as answered before it really get resolved. Thanks from now.

sinanakman

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

SD card should be inserted to the imx6 board instead of PC!!

It is enough for installing linux on SD card because L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools.tar.gz contains all files in \mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\files

You should choose the right script file (\L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools\mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar\mfgtools) for your board instead of MfgTool2 as the picture followed shows.

mfg_tool.png

All the best

Jian Jiang

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1. It is correct connecting the debug UART (DB9 connector) to PC, as it is the terminal.
  2. It is correct connecting the USB OTG port to PC, as the OS is downloaded through the USB port.
  3. The SD card must be inserted on the target board (on boot SD slot).
  4. In order to get a successfully downloading of the OS to the target, the proper *.vbs file should be executed to open the MFGTool with the correct parameters. The file names indicate the target board, processor and target memory (NAND, SD etc).
  5. For additional details, you could refer to section 4 “Working with the i.MX 6QuadPlus/6Quad/6DualLite SABREAI” of the attached file.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos