cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM API manual?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by zhongjru on Mon Feb 02 08:50:54 MST 2015
I find ROM API support ADC,UART,I2C,SPI... in LPC54102,but i can't find manual except IAP,flash,where can find it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by caiomarcos on Wed Jun 03 07:25:46 MST 2015
I second that.

Since the LPC54102 chip library does not use the standard functions for peripheral calls that we are accustomed to use, there should be a more detailed ROM manual and support.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by crash-down on Wed May 06 00:08:51 MST 2015
I am wondering why only "ROM" version are implemented in the current lpcopen library if there is no ROM for the peripherals in the current chip version?

For example for the uart peripheral, as far as I used lpcopen on other chips, there standard functions like:

Chip_UART_Init(...)
Chip_UART_ReadByte(...)
Chip_UART_SendByte(...)
and so on.

I know that they are not using the ROM version, if available, but I can use the same source file on different chips and they were easy to use. This has been one of the main advantages of the lpcopen library.
And it would save me a lot of time to port firmware from lpc43xx or lpc13xx to the lpc5410x chip.

Do you plan to implement those functions in any future release (maybe soon?) of the the lpcopen library?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Thu Feb 05 10:33:09 MST 2015
The current LPC54102 ROM only has ROM API support for IAP, ISP and power control.

Though the LPCOpen driver for ADC/UART/I2C refers to ROM, it's actually implemented in the chip library.
Detailed information on the APIs are given in the docxygen documentation, e.g. page 'group___c_h_i_p__5410_x___r_o_m_d_r_i_v_e_r_s.html'
0 Kudos