Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with programing NGX LPC4330-Xplorer board via jtag

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gcds on Wed Jul 24 00:50:00 MST 2013
Hello,

For two days I am trying to flash firmware to LPC4330 with spifi external flash. I have tried every tool (Keil uVision, IAR, RedSuite, LPCExpress, openocd) and all JTAG's (FT2232(BusBlaster), LPC-Link, Keil ulink) but no luck to program it.

THe problem is that after uploading firmware via jtag and verifying everything is ok until next reset. After the reset the flash the same as it was before (the contents of flash is firmware which was shipped with the boards)  I have tried two boards but have no luck with modifying external flash...

I can't continue development as I can't upload Hello World example to the board :(

Kind Regards,
Aurimas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 25 05:08:14 MST 2013
IIRC you'll need to ensure that there is no valid image in the internal flash (do a mass erase) before the LPC4337 will boot from external flash.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gcds on Thu Jul 25 03:04:43 MST 2013
Oh thank god... Yes it's mismatched silicon :( Will it work with external flash?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jul 25 00:48:19 MST 2013
In that case, check the boot pin settings on your board.

The other thing to double check is what silicon is actually fitted to your board. I believe that recent batches of the NGX Xplorer boards have been fitted with LPC4337 MCUs (ie with internal flash) rather than the flashless LPC4330.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gcds on Wed Jul 24 22:57:47 MST 2013
Hello,

Yes, I have tried those examples selected to flash to the SPIFI but no changes... I even hooked up logic analyser and sniffed quad spi flash chip... The commands are sent and everything should be working but not. In evening I will try to look up on flash chip with programmer and check maybe it's damaged or somehow locked.

Best,
Aurimas
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 24 07:45:37 MST 2013
First of all note that LPCXpresso 5.2.6 ships with a few examples for the NGX Xplorer-4330 which are set up to download and run from SPIFI flash. Have you tried using those?

From the limited information you have provided, it sounds to me like your are programming your application into RAM, not into the flash.

For LPCXpresso / LPC-Link usage, I suggest you take a look at:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPC1850_4350_Support
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPC18xx_43xx_ExternalFlash

If you need more help, post your AXF, linker map file and the debug log from starting a debug session...

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugLog

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos