What CodeWarrior edition and version should I use for Windows 7 and Freescale processor 56F8345?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CodeWarrior edition and version should I use for Windows 7 and Freescale processor 56F8345?

michaelmojadad
Contributor I

We have used Windows XP and CodeWarrior 7.3 for Freescale processor 56F8345. We want to get the right version for Windows 7. Can you send me a download link and also information that I can use for A PO.

Thanks,

Michael Mojadad

714-956-9200 x 476

Michael.mojadad@l-3com.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Michael

We have two CodeWarrior tools that support DSC.

1) Classic CodeWarrior v8.3

It can be downloaded from:

CodeWarrior Development Tools for 56800/E DSC|NXP 

It is a 32-bit application, and not compatible with Windows 7.  But as far as I know, still many customers are now using Classic CodeWarrior v8.3 on Windows 7-64bit, its build tools work well, only debugger has some problem. We have a workaround on it,  user just need install the new CCS update. Please search 'AN4338' on our website (www.nxp.com), and follow the instructions in it to install the update.

CodeWarrior v8.3 supports all DSC products except for the latest 56F84xxx and 56F82xxx products.

2) Eclipse CodeWarrior v10.6.4

This version fully supports Windows 7 and Windows 8. It can be downloaded from:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

CW10.6.4 supports 56800EX and 56800E products, it does not support 56800. In details, it supports 56F81xx, 56F83xx, 56F80xx, 56F82xx, 56F84xxx and 56F82xxx. It does not support 56F85x and 56F80x.

By default, we would recommend CodeWarrior v10.6.x for new project developing, because we have already stopped the developing on Classic CodeWarrior. But for old project, you can still use Classic CodeWarrior. The workaround to use CW 7.3 on Windows 7 is same with CW8.3.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Micheal,

On win7, we can use CW10.6.4 develop the chip of MC56F8345,

please download and install refer to this thread :

New CodeWarrior for MCU v10.6.4 available

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos