Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L3.14.52 yocto build qtwebkit fail

Jump to solution
peterchiu
Contributor II

Hi all,

Excuse me, I have an problem, I consult Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide (L3.14.52_1.1.0), and use command "bitbake fsl-image-qt5", then it's success build the image with qt5.

I input the image to my imx6q board. That the qt5 example is work.

But, these is not modules of qtwebkit & qtwebkit-example in the image.

Because my application need to use qtwebkit & qtwebkit-example modules. So, I use command "bikbake qtwebkit", got the error.

Error log:

ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ruby-native/2.2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15522)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ruby-native/2.2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15522

Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile

| NOTE: make -j 8 LIBRUBYARG=-lruby-static

|       CC = gcc

|       LD = ld

|       LDSHARED = gcc  -shared

|       CFLAGS = -isystem/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include -O2 -pipe -fPIC

|       XCFLAGS = -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -fno-strict-overflow -fvisibility=hidden -DRUBY_EXPORT

|       CPPFLAGS = -isystem/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include   -I. -I.ext/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ruby-native/2.2.1-r0/ruby-2.2.1/include -I/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ruby-native/2.2.1-r0/ruby-2.2.1

|       DLDFLAGS = -Wl,-soname,libruby.so.2.2  -fstack-protector

|       SOLIBS = -lpthread -ldl -lcrypt -lm

| Using built-in specs.

| COLLECT_GCC=gcc

| COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/lto-wrapper

| Target: x86_64-linux-gnu

| Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.8 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.8 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libmudflap --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.8-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu

| Thread model: posix

| gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1)

| linking miniruby

| array.o: In function `ary_new':

| array.c:(.text+0x99): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_ARRAY_CREATE_ENABLED'

| array.c:(.text+0x129): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_ARRAY_CREATE'

| array.o: In function `empty_ary_alloc':

| array.c:(.text+0x17c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_ARRAY_CREATE_ENABLED'

| array.c:(.text+0x19a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_ARRAY_CREATE'

| load.o: In function `rb_f_load':

| load.c:(.text+0xd74): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_LOAD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0xdee): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_LOAD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0xe1a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_LOAD_RETURN'

| load.c:(.text+0xe64): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_LOAD_ENTRY'

| load.o: In function `rb_require_internal':

| load.c:(.text+0x19f9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_REQUIRE_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0x1a2d): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_REQUIRE_ENTRY'

| load.c:(.text+0x1ac8): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_FIND_REQUIRE_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0x1c0e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_FIND_REQUIRE_RETURN_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0x1dec): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_REQUIRE_RETURN_ENABLED'

| load.c:(.text+0x1e2c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_REQUIRE_RETURN'

| load.c:(.text+0x1e5e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_FIND_REQUIRE_ENTRY'

| load.c:(.text+0x1f26): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_FIND_REQUIRE_RETURN'

| gc.o: In function `gc_sweep_step':

| gc.c:(.text+0x8589): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_SWEEP_BEGIN_ENABLED'

| gc.c:(.text+0x89d4): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_SWEEP_END_ENABLED'

| gc.c:(.text+0x8da0): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_SWEEP_BEGIN'

| gc.c:(.text+0x8dee): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_SWEEP_END'

| gc.o: In function `gc_start':

| gc.c:(.text+0x95f3): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_MARK_BEGIN_ENABLED'

| gc.c:(.text+0x95fe): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_MARK_BEGIN'

| gc.c:(.text+0x978f): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_MARK_END_ENABLED'

| gc.c:(.text+0x979a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_GC_MARK_END'

| hash.o: In function `empty_hash_alloc':

| hash.c:(.text+0x24fc): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE_ENABLED'

| hash.c:(.text+0x251a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE'

| object.o: In function `rb_obj_alloc':

| object.c:(.text+0x2647): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_OBJECT_CREATE_ENABLED'

| object.c:(.text+0x26e2): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_OBJECT_CREATE'

| parse.o: In function `yycompile0':

| parse.c:(.text+0x1aa9a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_PARSE_BEGIN_ENABLED'

| parse.c:(.text+0x1aab1): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_PARSE_END_ENABLED'

| parse.c:(.text+0x1abb8): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_PARSE_END'

| parse.c:(.text+0x1abd8): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_PARSE_BEGIN'

| string.o: In function `empty_str_alloc':

| string.c:(.text+0x37c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE_ENABLED'

| string.c:(.text+0x39a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE'

| string.o: In function `str_new0':

| string.c:(.text+0x580): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE_ENABLED'

| string.c:(.text+0x6d9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE'

| string.o: In function `str_new_static':

| string.c:(.text+0x739): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE_ENABLED'

| string.c:(.text+0x7c9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE'

| string.o: In function `rb_str_resurrect':

| string.c:(.text+0x6a4c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE_ENABLED'

| string.c:(.text+0x6aa4): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_STRING_CREATE'

| symbol.o: In function `register_static_symid_str':

| symbol.c:(.text+0x89e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_SYMBOL_CREATE_ENABLED'

| symbol.c:(.text+0x90a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_SYMBOL_CREATE'

| symbol.o: In function `dsymbol_alloc':

| symbol.c:(.text+0xa98): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_SYMBOL_CREATE_ENABLED'

| symbol.c:(.text+0xb0e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_SYMBOL_CREATE'

| vm.o: In function `rb_clear_method_cache_by_class':

| vm.c:(.text+0x4986): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_CACHE_CLEAR_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x49e1): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_CACHE_CLEAR'

| vm.o: In function `m_core_hash_from_ary':

| vm.c:(.text+0x4a34): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x4a86): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE'

| vm.o: In function `vm_call_cfunc':

| vm.c:(.text+0x4f7e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x507d): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.c:(.text+0x519b): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x5485): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN'

| vm.o: In function `rb_vm_pop_cfunc_frame':

| vm.c:(.text+0x556b): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x5763): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN'

| vm.o: In function `vm_exec_core':

| vm.c:(.text+0x8181): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x8544): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x8575): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xae80): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xaf9e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb60c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb72a): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb73b): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb748): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb757): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xb7a9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_HASH_CREATE'

| vm.c:(.text+0xbd95): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xbead): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN'

| vm.c:(.text+0xd563): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN'

| vm.o: In function `vm_exec':

| vm.c:(.text+0xe627): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xeaf0): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN'

| vm.c:(.text+0xece9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xee3f): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN'

| vm.o: In function `vm_call0_body.constprop.75':

| vm.c:(.text+0xfec1): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0xfffd): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.c:(.text+0x10104): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x101f3): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_CMETHOD_RETURN'

| vm.o: In function `invoke_block_from_c':

| vm.c:(.text+0x11c64): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x11d4d): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x12283): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN'

| vm.c:(.text+0x12323): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.o: In function `rb_yield_refine_block':

| vm.c:(.text+0x16fb9): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x1709c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN_ENABLED'

| vm.c:(.text+0x17426): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_ENTRY'

| vm.c:(.text+0x174b3): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_METHOD_RETURN'

| eval.o: In function `setup_exception':

| eval.c:(.text+0x173e): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_RAISE_ENABLED'

| eval.c:(.text+0x1b9c): undefined reference to `RUBY_DTRACE_RAISE'

| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

| make: *** [miniruby] Error 1

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/ruby-native/2.2.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.15522)

ERROR: Task 118 (virtual:native:/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby/recipes-devtools/ruby/ruby_2.2.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2027 tasks of which 2025 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

virtual:native:/mnt/raid115/peter/Yocto/fsl_3.14.52/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby/recipes-devtools/ruby/ruby_2.2.1.bb, do_compile

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

The error about ruby, I think it's not  find the ruby path. But, I don't know how to modify the path in yocto.

If anyone know what's the problem?

Please tell me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yurirellosa
Contributor IV

Hello Peter

This is the solution we have tried

[meta-ruby] ruby: explicitly disable dtrace support - Patchwork

Just add "--disable-dtrace" on ruby's config recipe

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yurirellosa
Contributor IV

Hello Peter

This is the solution we have tried

[meta-ruby] ruby: explicitly disable dtrace support - Patchwork

Just add "--disable-dtrace" on ruby's config recipe

Best Regards

0 Kudos
peterchiu
Contributor II

Hi

This patch is useful. It's modify my file "ruby_2.2.1.bb".

Then I can build the qtwebkit.

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

Please take a look to the following thread, maybe those patches can be helpful for your case

Re: Qt5.2.1 / WebKit2 running on i.MX6q ?

regards

0 Kudos
peterchiu
Contributor II

Thanks! Bio_TICFSL!

0 Kudos