cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader for the K70

Pierrick31
Contributor I

Hello,

For my project I use the MK70FN1M0VMJ12 microcontroller. I tried to add a bootloader mode in order to program the microcontroller without using the JTAG probe.

Thanks to the NXP community, I found a bootloader which corresponds to my needs: https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102616

A few days ago, I succeeded developing a program with KDS which can be loaded via the bootloader.

Now, I want to change my program because it needs some evolution. But after modifications, the soft does not start after in spite of a correct flash of the micro.

My procedure of compilation:

I modify the linker file (offset: 0x10000 on addresses)

I create a flash Image file Motorola S-record

I add “--srec-forceS3” for the compilation of the image

I change the name of the file in “image.s19” and I use it on a USB key.

I do not understand why the first program was Ok and now I cannot modify this.

Could you give me some advice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierrick,

Before answer your question, I'd like confirm some things from you.

1. Did the most previous version of application project run well after be programmed to the MCU by the bootlaoder?

2. Did the some modified versions of application project run well after be programmed to MCU by using the external debugger directly , not through the bootloader?

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pierrick31
Contributor I

Hi Ping,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The first version of the program I downloaded via the bootloader on the MCU run well.

2. Yes, when I program the modified version with the external debugger directly, this version work well (I change the linker file to the program starts at address 0x00 by removing the offset of 0x10000 whose bootloader need).

The problem with my bootloader appears when I try to modify my first version of my program and download it on the MCU via the bootloader. If I use the JTAG, there is absolutely no problem.

Have a nice day,

Pierrick

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierrick,

Thanks for your reply and information.

Does the modified version have any other difference from the first version in addition to modify the linker file?

I was wondering if you can share the first and the modified version demo code, then I can replicate the issue on my TWR-K70F120 board.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos