MPC5748G debug problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G debug problem

huqiang
Contributor IV

Hello, when I debuging the MPC5748G, it always come to the "No source available for "0x1000000" ".

What does this means? And what can I do to deal with it ?

144128_144128.PNGCapture.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HU

this might be a refresh issue only.

Can you please perform a single step? can you see the source code now?

Stan

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

have you created singlecore or multicore project? Is possible to share the whole project? It seems there is no data in flash memory on address 0x1000000. I need to see source code and map file. Please share.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

huqiang
Contributor IV

Thank you for your attention. Here is the project.

It is that I try to write to a RAM address after setting it as read only using SMPU.

"*(unsigned int *)0x400bf000 = 0xAABBCCDD;" (code in the SMPU Test);

without this line , it would not happen this error.

Besides , what is the normal action when writing to a read only RAM address. Would it run into an interrupt?

In my project, it would not run properly  when writing to a read only RAM address. (Setting it to read only by SMPU.)

Thanks.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not SMPU expert, but if you try to access to RAM, which is read only, you will get IVOR1 exception. I do not see any IVOR1 exception handler in your project. I tried your code in different debugger and I got IVOR1 exception. After you get IVOR1 unhandled exception S32DS is not able to show you any source code so you got the error.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

huqiang
Contributor IV

Hi,

I understand what do you mean. But in the "intc_SW_mode_isr_vectors_MPC5748G.c" ,I can not find a vector for SMPU.

How can I find the related exception handler ?

Thanks

Hu

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hi,

Have you ever encountered the phenomenon "No source is available for" uSDHC_DriverIRQHandler () at 0x1002bc8 ")

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

in your case, there is no vector for SMPU. After you write to the memory which is marked as read only, IVOR1 is executed (no IVOR4). The vectors you mean are for IVOR4 exception (external interrupt). S32DS has configured, that IVOR1 exception is handled by infinite loop (look at the vector.c file and you will find following code).

PPCASMF(.align 4);

PPCASMF( VTABLE: );

PPCASMF( IVOR0_Vector: );

PPCASMF( e_b   IVOR0_Vector );

But you can create your own IVOR1 exception handler.

For more information about exceptions and interrupts please look at the core reference manual.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/e200z4RM.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

huqiang
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have found the code you mean. But I still don't konw how to do.

Can you give me more details about how to creat my own IVOR1 exception handler?

Is there any example ?

Thank you very much!

Qiang

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Qiang,

please look at this thread. I created simple example which shows, how to implement your own IVOR1 handler.

Machine check exceptions in MPC5748G

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos