cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N25Q256 Flash Programmer

Jump to solution
jasonhendrix
Contributor V

We are building a custom board with an LS1020a processor and an attached N25Q256 QSPI flash.  The target tasks/flash programmer interface shows the N25Q128 (which I have used on the TWR dev board) and the N25Q512.  I found this document on how to add a flash chip to CW 10: Adding a new Flash Device to Codewarrior 10.x

When I navigate to the xml files described in that doc, I see that for algorithm, the N25Q128 uses N25Q128_QSPI.elf.  Can I use this .elf as well for the N25Q256?  I would provide a new xml file and modify the manifest as described in DOC_94792.

Interestingly, the N25Q512 xml file calls out N25Q512_QSPI.elf as it's algorithm, but no such file was installed in my CW installation.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

N25Q128_QSPI.elf algorithm can be used with the mention that protect and unprotect action will not works correctly. But, erase/program/dump should works well.

You have to create a new XML, with the correct configuration for the new device.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

N25Q128_QSPI.elf algorithm can be used with the mention that protect and unprotect action will not works correctly. But, erase/program/dump should works well.

You have to create a new XML, with the correct configuration for the new device.

Adrian

0 Kudos