cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIoTboard WOL (Wake on LAN)

bozhidar1
Contributor II

Hey guys,

I am trying to wake up a RIoTboard over Ethernet.

The hardware setup is the following:

RIoTboard (Ubuntu) -> Ethernet -> RIoTboard (Yocto)

The Yocto board is "asleep" and I want to wake it up from the Ubuntu board.

What I do now is to put the board in the so called DORMANT mode:

echo mem > /sys/power/state

------------------------------------- Out of topic, but useful -----------------------------------------------------------

If I initially enable UART wake up, I can wake it up just by typing a character on the serial console.

echo enabled > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/imx-uart/21e8000.serial/tty/ttymxc1/power/wakeup

Also using RTC seems to be pretty straight forward:

/unit_tests/rtcwakeup.out –m mem –s 10

This command indicates to sleep for 10 secs. This command automatically sets the power state to mem mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, I want to wake up the board over Ethernet. Found that it is usually done, by using WOL (Wake on LAN). The board supports UART, USB and RTC (Real-Time Clock), but nowhere is mentioned to support WOL:

Capture.PNG

The following topic provides patches for i.MX6DQ and a Sabre board, I do not find a possibility to use them with the RIoTboard:

i.MX6DQ support wake-on LAN?

Wake on lan in mx6 sabresd board 

Do you know a way to accomplish WOL using the RIoTboard?

Let me know if something is not clear.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Bozhidar

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

bozhidar1
Contributor II

Hey guys,

Got no reply, since quite some time, but for the ones that might take a look at this:

I have found that the Ehternet Transceiver of the RIoTboard actually supports Wake On LAN:

pastedImage_0.png

You can find it on page 18 in the Datasheet of the chip AR8035:

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiBl4efxobMAhVElSwKHUKGD90Q...

I don't know if this helps at all, but still is "some" progress.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos