How do I generate a license file for USB dongle?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a license file for USB dongle?

talktrn
Contributor I

On the Generate Licenses page, there are only two choices: Disk Serial Number and Ethernet Address.  Nothing for USB dongle.

I have been using CodeWarrior in all of its forms for several years now, have a perpetual license.  I see that none of my licenses appear -- all the information from older website is lost.  Only the product purchase of CodeWarrior Pro Perpetual appears.  The versions that I have downloaded/installed appear, but Download Log does not show that any of the products have been downloaded (but they appear as Current!!).

None of the existing licenses tied to the USB dongle appear, the page says they are available, implying that I need to generate them.  But this was already done years ago for some of these versions.  Has all of that information been lost?

I don't care so much about the lost info, as long as I can find out how to tie my dongle to a new license for the products to which I am entitled.  Am trying to generate a license for CW10.6.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Douglas

For the node-locked CodeWarrior Suite, user can choose Flex ID and key in his dongle ID when generate the license file as below:

dongle id.png

Our new web license system was launched in December 2014. Unfortunately for all license files generated before this date, you will not find them under your account.

Only the registrations were imported in the new system. If customer cannot find his CW suite on web system, a sample way to active a Freescale account in web licensing is to download an evaluation tool. For details, please have a look to the:
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103095

Hope this helps! If there’s further question for your registered CodeWarrior Suite, I would suggest summiting a case. It's better under Case process for private license details.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-330215

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

talktrn
Contributor I

As I stated earlier, FLEX-ID is not an option shown on the Generate Licenses page.  Only the Disk Serial Number and Ethernet Address appear as options.  What does this mean?

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Douglas

Is the license type of your CodeWarrior Suite floating license?  For floating license (e.g CWP-PRO-FL_1-*******), there is no FLEX-ID in the selection list when generate license online.  Only for node-locked license, user can select FLEX-ID and key in his dongle ID.  By default, the floating license is locked to the hard disk ID or Ethernet Address of server.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

talktrn
Contributor I

I see that is the problem -- we originally bought a floating license, later converted to USB dongle.  Wondering how the licenses were generated after that because all the licenses (CW6.3, 7.2, PA8.8, 10.x) contain the FLEX-ID for host spec.  Can I generate a HD license for CW10.6 and then replace host with the FLEX-ID?

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Douglas

You can only get the floating license online for your CodeWarrior Suite CWP-PRO-FL_1-*******.  Floating license is locked to hard disk ID or Ethernet Address of server.   If you need a node-locked license which is locked to the local machine’s disk ID or Ethernet Address, or dongle ID, please summiting a case.  Our license team will handle it. This doc shows how to summit a case:

How to log an issue in Case system instead CRM (Service request - not used anymore)?

In addition, I sent you temporary license for CW10.6 by email, you may use it before get your dongle license.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos