cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PQII/ PQIII Flash Programmer

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

(please see previous thread for history - PQII/ PQIII Flash Programmer )

Sorry, we do not offer JTAG/COP interface specification to customers, so you can not implement your own flash programmer for PQ2/PQ3 devices using internal debugging interface of PQ2/PQ3 device.

The only thing I can offer here is implement flash programming via standard JTAG commands, i.e. place PQ2/PQ3 device to JTAG boundary scan mode and program external flash, connected to PQ2/PQ3 device by "bit-banging" on PQ2/PQ3 pins using JTAG boundary scan commands. In this case the processor itself will be in reset mode, so you do not need PQ2/PQ3 debug interface description.

2 Replies

dijo
Contributor III

Thanks Alexander.

Do you know of any example/ Primer/ Application Note which gives details of the same?

i.e. "bit-banging" on PQ2/PQ3 pins using JTAG boundary scan commands..

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, I do not think we have an example ready to share, but I do not expect it will be difficult for you to implement this by yourself, because you previously indicated you have skills to implement a debugger over the same interface.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos