cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22f recovery

Jump to solution
ericnetherland
Contributor II

While attempting to update my FRDM-k22f to OpenSDAv2.1 something went wrong.

Following these steps which I have done before with no problems: FRDM-K22F: Debugging with Segger J-Link OpenSDAv2.1 Firmware

Enumerating to the Bootloader worked OK but I got an error while copying the .bin file to the device that complained the file was too big. After that all the lights went out and nothing responds. Bricked?

How can I flash back to default?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric:

Yes, indeed that link describes what you need to do, but for a FRDM-K22F, which has a v2.1 OpenSDA bootloader, while FRDM-K64F has the v2.0 OpenSDA. Details here: OpenSDAv2 

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sergeysokolov
Contributor I

Hi,

Is it possible to recover v2.1 OpenSDA bootloader on K20 through J12 from another FRDM-K22F?

Thank you.

Sergey.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergey,

have a look at https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/26/how-to-recover-the-opensda-v2-x-bootloader/ .

It shows for FRDM-K64F, but applies to FRDM-K22F too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
sergeysokolov
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thank you.

May I ask another question related to the issue.

Current status is: Mbed bootloader is overwritten by SeOpenSDA V2.1 Bootloader, after which no enumeration.

The reason why I did it was Mbed's open SDAv2.1 CMSIS-DAP  did not support my target MK22FN128VDC10 when I tried to debug from KDSv.3.2.

Question - is the issue known and only solution for MK22FN128VDC10 debugging is switch to Segger Jlink?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ericnetherland
Contributor II

Once I got the micro 10-pin cable I could flash and debug my elf files fine with the P&E JTAG header (j11).

So I'm back in business but without using the USB port.

I tried flashing the file you attached on the J12 header but that didn't work with P&E so I don't have the bootloader back yet.

Does this link describe the process to reload the bootloader into the K20?: Recovering the FRDM-K64F Bootloader, or: Cloning the Program of a Microcontroller | MCU on Eclipse

Thanks!

Eric

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric:

Yes, indeed that link describes what you need to do, but for a FRDM-K22F, which has a v2.1 OpenSDA bootloader, while FRDM-K64F has the v2.0 OpenSDA. Details here: OpenSDAv2 

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eric netherland:

Please try connecting the board in BOOTLOADER mode (hold reset and then connect the USB cable). If the board enumerates as BOOTLOADER then you should be able to load the correct v2.1 interface binary (J-link or P&E) as adviced in the next documents:

FRDM-K22F: Debugging with Segger J-Link OpenSDAv2.1 Firmware

FRDM-K22F: Debugging with P&E OpenSDAv2.1 Firmware

If the board does not enumerate then I think that the OpenSDA bootloader firmware was corrupted when you loaded a wrong binary. In such case you would need an external tool (e.g. P&E Multilink or Segger J-Link) to reprogram the K20 MCU. Attached is an S-Record file for the FRDM-K22F OpenSDA bootloader.

Best regards,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ericnetherland
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

Fortunately I have a P&E micro Multilink. If I get a micro 10-pin cable I can try using JTAG to flash it back to life.

Example: Debugging the FRDM-K64F with P&E Multilink | MCU on Eclipse

Is there a another link you can recommend for loading the binary in your attachment or do I simply set it up and "flash from file"?

Thanks!

Eric

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric:

Just set up a connection depending on your programming software and load the binary.

:smileyalert: Pay attention that the board has 2 programming headers (J11 and J12). The file I shared is to be loaded in the K20 MCU of the FRDM-K22F board, so you have to use the J12 header.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos