Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior 10.5 License Issue

veerendranath
Contributor I

How to resolve below error...

144229_144229.PNGCode Warrior Tool Error.PNG

When registered the product and generated "license.dat" file... now where to place the file to resolve the error?

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think it's the first time I see this type of error.

Difficult to determine the cause of the problem.

The key question is:

The tool is it working or not ?

In same case the Status dialog could be display a wrong message info.

Refer to the How to install/check if my floating license file is running ? (known issues)

Specific trouble for CW for PA V10.4 & CW for MCU V10.6

If you've problem with the license file I recommend to report it to the Case system.

Please provide us more information as type of license file used (NL or Floating).

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I got this error too in my side when no license file was present.

So it seems this error code inform us you don't have license.dat under \CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

veerendranath
Contributor I

I am using floating type license.... I have placed the file under \CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA... Now It's showing below window... It's keep on asking for the license even after selecting licence.dat file... If I cancel the window previous error( i.e. error mentioned in the question) is coming...

Code Warrior Tool FlexNet Error.PNG

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

veerendranath
Contributor I

What should be value in server name/IP address? (and format of the value.. i.e whether dashes should be there or not?) while generating licence in below form...

license generating form.PNG

Here I gave "My Ethernet interface MAC addres" as mentioned in quick start guide...

In my PC Wifi interface is also there and I will use wifi to connect network.. so should I use Wifi MAC address?

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please have a look to the community post:

How to install/check if my floating license file is running ? (known issues)

To answer your questions:

The server name or IP address (server) is given by the lmgrd flexlm tool you need to install on server

Please have a look to the doc:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/brochure/FLTLICINSTWINBR.pdf

Refer page 11.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos